Friday, February 13, 2009

Bath time with Ben



Ben had his first real bath last week. The pic was taken right after he was done. Though you couldn't tell by how peaceful he looks he did scream the entire time. I'm not sure if it was the bath or the screaming that put him to sleep. He does look like a little (balding) angel though.

A few days later after that meltdown Sean and I put him in the bath with me and he LOVED it. He was so excited he went tee-tee right there in the water. So now bath time with Ben is one of the highlights of the day instead of a scream fest.

On the breastfeeding front, things are pretty much the same. Still waiting for the domperidone prescription to arrive from overseas (long story and a whole other post). In the meantime Ben has been getting fussy at the breast. He gets the formula so much faster from the bottle that I can't compete. I try to nurse before he gets really hungry or when he's sleepy to stimulate the milk production. On our good days we also use the SNS which isn't so bad when I'm using it every time he feeds. I'm finding the balance between feeding him exclusively at my breast (with the SNS) and keeping my sanity.

We still experimenting with different formula. The Similac Organic formula made him constipated. It was utterly pitiful. I've been researching other organic brands on line but unfortunately they only come by the case. I'm looking for a way to get samples or at least one can. In the meantime the kind we're using now has immune system builders similar to what is found in breast milk. Thank god for modern science.

1 comment:

  1. The kid looks like he was sleeping in a spa toilet seat because of the curve of his bed/trolley

    ReplyDelete