Thursday, April 16, 2009

Grandmama's visit


We've had a busy past few weeks here. Grandmama Ruby came to visit us in early March. The weather was great during her visit so we got to spend lots of time outdoors. Which was lucky since fussy Ben enters a zen-like state (almost) anytime we take him outside. We made the rounds to our favorite hiking spot and of course Maclay Gardens which was in full bloom. Graham was also on best behavior. He and Ruby cooked together and made a fabulous meal while I was out shopping and Sean was baby sitting one afternoon. Man, that was nice. Ruby, when are you coming back?!

Graham traveled to IL for spring break. He flew alone and did beautifully despite a delay and a gate change on the way home. I was sad we couldn't take our annual family trip this year but he had fun with Aunt D and fam going to chi-town, farm king, etc. :).

In other Ben news, I switched Ben to soy formula and also cut dairy out of my diet for a few weeks on a hunch that he had a sensitivity to lactose. I'm happy to report that he's doing much better now. When I reintroduced it to my diet and the fussiness and frequent spitting up came back so I'm still not eating any dairy except for a splash of cream in my coffee. I just couldn't give that up. I didn't realize how much dairy I ate until I cut it out. Oh how I miss cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment